The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $current_page - Line: 35 - File: inc/plugins/newpoints/newpoints_buynametitle.php PHP 8.1.27-nfsn1 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/newpoints/newpoints_buynametitle.php 35 errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/newpoints.php 721 require_once
/inc/plugins/newpoints/core/hooks.php 196 newpoints_load_plugins
/inc/class_plugins.php 142 newpoints_plugins_start
/global.php 100 pluginSystem->run_hooks
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $current_page - Line: 44 - File: inc/plugins/newpoints/newpoints_buynametitle.php PHP 8.1.27-nfsn1 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/newpoints/newpoints_buynametitle.php 44 errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/newpoints.php 721 require_once
/inc/plugins/newpoints/core/hooks.php 196 newpoints_load_plugins
/inc/class_plugins.php 142 newpoints_plugins_start
/global.php 100 pluginSystem->run_hooks
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 107 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27-nfsn1 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 107 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $bam_announcements - Line: 111 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27-nfsn1 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 111 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27-nfsn1 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "pointsview" - Line: 1511 - File: inc/plugins/newpoints/core/hooks.php PHP 8.1.27-nfsn1 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/newpoints/core/hooks.php 1511 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 142 newpoints_blockview_print
/printthread.php 214 pluginSystem->run_hooks

Pixel Petz Club
Slight critique but also an appropriation message. - Printable Version

+- Pixel Petz Club (http://forum.pixelpetz.com)
+-- Forum: Pixel Petz (http://forum.pixelpetz.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Beta Chat (http://forum.pixelpetz.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Slight critique but also an appropriation message. (/showthread.php?tid=1410)

Pages: 1 2

Slight critique but also an appropriation message. - Laegume - 03-21-2019

(This post will be updated the more I get ideas and such. I will now also add the dates of when I posted my pinned ideas. Since this thread is a bit old, and I don’t remember when it was originally created, I’m just going to put the oldest ideas under the date 3/24/2019.)

Edit: (5/12/2019) There’s been so many new added features, like daily bonuses, being able to earn gems by logging in for a whole week, more contests for more people to join, being able to delete comments, edit your own pets- Can we all just appreciate that for a second? I absolutely love those features and I can’t wait for more to come. <33

Thank you so much Sketchi and their team. 
Also Miki’s an admin now?! :0c Congrats! <3 

Original: (3/24/2019) OKAY I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE GAME, THE HECK- I’ve been playing for at least a week now and it’s super fun, and there’s so much space to improve so I’m hyped about future updates. x> Also the fact that @/sketchi and @/Miki follow me, it makes me feel- I don’t know if there’s a word for this, but it makes me feel remembered, and boosts my extremely low self esteem— you know?? Like that feeling where you haven’t been forgotten, something like that anyway.. ^^; I like how the pets age, it adds a nice realistic feel to the game. (And I’m so glad there’s NO dying, dying makes me cry. It happens enough as it is irl.)

Note to self: I also have another thread mentioning a glitch.
Note to self yet again; I have another post mentioning another glitch.

Some ideas that should be considered to be added are; 
  • 3/24/2019Maybe allow people to have their own bios, (it’d mean a lot to me if I could have my own bio so that people know my pronouns without having to ask me.)
  • 3/24/2019Maybe more clothing because yeah, also what if we could design our own clothing?!
    But the clothing will have bases like when we create our pets. 
  • 3/24/2019The ability to edit your pet even after you’ve finished creating them. 
  • 3/24/2019The ability to either edit, or delete, your own comments. (If you don’t agree with the whole deleting comment idea, that’s okay, but it’d really help if we could edit our comments. Sometimes I make typos and I wish I could edit them out.)
  • 3/24/2019The ability to see the trading history of a pet, (a side bar to tap on it, and then to see it though.)
    I don’t know, lately I’ve just been wanting to see how much my cloned pets have traded around or not.
  • [i]4/10/2019: [/i]Users having the ability to disable the comment sections of some of their specific pets.
    (If they want to do so because of reasons.)
  • 4/11/2019: Users having the ability to report pets that are copies of theirs, while also inserting the ID of their pet as proof that they were the original creator of the design. (So that will take down the rip-off version of their hard work.)
  • 4/11/2019: When waiting on the loading screen on the game, game tips will appear for players to read over.
    One of them being; "Be original! Don't copy others designs."
  • [i]4/11/2019[/i][i]: [/i]The ability for viewers to see all of the pets a user has made, (to also keep track on your designs.) This would also add onto my BIO profile idea, where next to the bio, there'll be an option to see all of your designs. (Traded ones and ones you kept.)
  • [i]4/11/2019[/i][i]: [/i](This is an idea for the future pet shop.) Users may not be allowed to sell pets they got from trades/pets they didn't create/Users may ALSO not be allowed to re-sell pets they bought from others.
  • 5/12/2019: You might see this as silly, but I was wondering if there could be genderless/gender neutral pets. I understand that might seem ‘unrealistic’ l but some of my pets just seem very gender neutral to me, and don’t seem to fit under the “male/female” categories.
  • 5/12/2019: Mini games as an extra option to earn coinz, would be a cute idea, and a great way to pass the time. <3 xd
Glitches that I keep encountering are;
  • 3/24/2019: When I give my pets jobs to do, and the come back after an hour— I go to tap on them finishing their jobes, but the “ok” button isn’t there. So then I leave the app, and then come back, I realize my pet is gone. But when I look in all of my boxes, the numbers say that specific pet is there, but they aren’t physically there. I’ve found out how to deal with this glitch though, I simply search up myself in the user search bar, go onto my profile, look at my boxes from the viewer, and then cancel that specific pet’s job. (Effectively actually bringing them back into my boxes, but this is slightly disappointing because then after waiting an hour, I wasn’t able to get anything from it. So hopefully this gets fixed in the future.) So if you deal with the same thing, you should do what I do. Honestly the first time this happened, I started to panic until I figured out how to fix this. :”))
  • 3/24/2019: When my pets finish their jobs, before I press on the ok button, I watch an ad to get extra coins/xp. Sometimes I watch an ad, and afterwards the game just kicks me off, and then my pet is suddenly “done” with their job, and in the living room. (Which effectively gives me nothing and that means waiting another hour, I gained nothing. :”)
  • 3/24/2019: Recently I traded one of my pets with someone, it says I own the pet but I can’t find the pet in the box. I have no idea how to fix this issue, I tried searching myself up but even when I looked at my profile from the viewer, it doesn’t show that pet in any of my boxes at all.
  • 4/10/2019Another thing I’d like to talk about is the whole feed glitch, I know this was mentioned before but I want to speak up about it anyway. :’> It’s just a bit annoying and I can’t really go through the feed properly because of it, plus the whole amount of likes are just.. woah. :’0

RE: Slight critique but also an appropriation message. - Miki - 03-21-2019

(03-21-2019, 01:53 AM)Laegume-Kiwi Wrote: OKAY I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE GAME, THE HECK-

I’ve been playing for at least a week now and it’s super fun, and there’s so much space to improve so I’m hyped about future updates. x> 

Also the fact that @/sketchi and @/Miki follow me, it makes me feel- I don’t know if there’s a word for this, but it makes me feel remembered, and boosts my extremely low self esteem— you know?? Like that feeling where you haven’t been forgotten, something like that anyway.. ^^;

I like how the pets age, it adds a nice realistic feel to the game. (And I’m so glad there’s NO dying, dying makes me cry. It happens enough as it is irl.)

One thing that’s always confused me is... how dO PEOPLE COLOR IN THE SCLARAS (white part of our eyes), FOR THEIR PETS WHEN DRAWING THEM?? I’ve seen so many cute pets with their sclaras colored black, or brown, etc— but I just can’t figure out how to do that with my pets. :”) But oh well, I don’t NEED to know how to do that to play happily, but it would mean a lot if someone explained to me how. ( ; 7 ; )

Some ideas that should be considered to be added are; 
  • Maybe allow people to have their own bios, (it’d mean a lot to me if I could have my own bio so that people know my pronouns without having to ask me.)
  • Maybe more clothing because yeah, also what if we could design our own clothing?! But the clothing will have bases like when we create our pets. 
  • The ability to edit your pet even after you’ve finished creating them. 
  • (I’ll add more ideas later, promise.)
Glitches that I keep encountering are;
  • When I give my pets jobs to do, and the come back after an hour— I go to tap on them finishing their jobes, but the “ok” button isn’t there. So then I leave the app, and then come back, I realize my pet is gone. But when I look in all of my boxes, the numbers say that specific pet is there, but they aren’t physically there. I’ve found out how to deal with this glitch though, I simply search up myself in the user search bar, go onto my profile, look at my boxes from the viewer, and then cancel that specific pet’s job. (Effectively actually bringing them back into my boxes, but this is slightly disappointing because then after waiting an hour, I wasn’t able to get anything from it. So hopefully this gets fixed in the future.) So if you deal with the same thing, you should do what I do. Honestly the first time this happened, I started to panic until I figured out how to fix this. :”))
  • When my pets finish their jobs, before I press on the ok button, I watch an ad to get extra coins/xp. Sometimes I watch an ad, and afterwards the game just kicks me off, and then my pet is suddenly “done” with their job, and in the living room. (Which effectively gives me nothing and that means waiting another hour, I gained nothing. :”)
Despite these two glitches, they only happen to two of my five pets, so I still get a lot of money and such. So yeah, I’m patient and okay with it, although it would be nice if it got fixed. (But whoever makes te games, take your time when fixing it, they aren’t as bad as they sound. At least the second glitch anyway.) x’d

Of course we remember you! For colouring in the sclera, could you attach an image or two as examples? I MAY know how to do it or may not depending on what I think you mean. xD
Really glad you're enjoying the game as well! Sketchi is actually one of the people who works on the game (just in case you were wondering).

Also, they will be looking for people to design things in the future. I don't have any more info on that though.

RE: Slight critique but also an appropriation message. - Laegume - 03-21-2019

Actually going to edit out that whole eye-coloring confusion part of my message, because I was finally able to gether the courage to actually ask someone— and they explained to me. ( ; 7 ; ) So I’m going to be trying some more eye styles when I’m not lazy during a few designs, since I’m starting to get the hang of understanding how to hide the “real eyes” of the pets.

Also that makes sense now, I thought sketchi was the creator of the game, the forums, and everything tbh. ^^; (I guess not one person can make all of that on their own so easily and fast though.) Maybe you should be one of the clothing designers, if you have the time and motivation to do so anyway. (Don’t anna force you, but you’d be a great candidate.) Although I’m still sticking to my idea where there’s palettes and people can design their own clothes, I’d really enjoy doing that. :’>

(Sorry if I did any typos, I’m sitting on a stool while typing and it’s a bit hard, since I have no table. ; 7 ; )

RE: Slight critique but also an appropriation message. - Miki - 03-22-2019

(03-21-2019, 10:26 PM)Laegume-Kiwi Wrote: Actually going to edit out that whole eye-coloring confusion part of my message, because I was finally able to gether the courage to actually ask someone— and they explained to me. ( ; 7 ; ) So I’m going to be trying some more eye styles when I’m not lazy during a few designs, since I’m starting to get the hang of understanding how to hide the “real eyes” of the pets.

Also that makes sense now, I thought sketchi was the creator of the game, the forums, and everything tbh. ^^; (I guess not one person can make all of that on their own so easily and fast though.) Maybe you should be one of the clothing designers, if you have the time and motivation to do so anyway. (Don’t anna force you, but you’d be a great candidate.) Although I’m still sticking to my idea where there’s palettes and people can design their own clothes, I’d really enjoy doing that. :’>

(Sorry if I did any typos, I’m sitting on a stool while typing and it’s a bit hard, since I have no table. ; 7 ; )

Ooh I'm glad you figured it out, I saw your work! <3
Also that's really sweet of you. I am actually in talks for some designing but you never know what can happen.
For now I just have a bunch of design ideas in my head.

RE: Slight critique but also an appropriation message. - Laegume - 03-23-2019

I think I’m starting to get a little better by each pet I make. x’>

If you aren’t really interested in making a lot of designs, maybe be a temporary guest designer? (Again, if you only really want to. x’d I’ve seen people do that with their own original species, game websites, etc.) But yeah, if you do decide to/get chosen to be some designer, then I’m excited to see what you bring to the table. x> (I hope that didn’t sound like I was pressuring or anything, because I’m not trying to. ; A ; )

RE: Slight critique but also an appropriation message. - Miki - 03-23-2019

(03-23-2019, 05:40 AM)Laegume-Kiwi Wrote: I think I’m starting to get a little better by each pet I make. x’>

If you aren’t really interested in making a lot of designs, maybe be a temporary guest designer? (Again, if you only really want to. x’d I’ve seen people do that with their own original species, game websites, etc.) But yeah, if you do decide to/get chosen to be some designer, then I’m excited to see what you bring to the table. x> (I hope that didn’t sound like I was pressuring or anything, because I’m not trying to. ; A ; )

Don't worry you're not pressuring me! I'm really impressed with your petz; you've improved so much in such a little amount of time.
There are a lot of ideas I had in mind and this might be a spoiler for if I ever do design things but here we go:
Round Glasses
Large Head ribbon
Ribbons for ears
Rain boots

and there's more but I'm not going to give all of my ideas out yet. Wink

RE: Slight critique but also an appropriation message. - Laegume - 03-24-2019

Thankies so much, you’re my main inspiration when it comes to eye styles tbh. x’> Also, I really do love that rain boot idea, I just find rain coats/etc super aesthetic for some reason, I don’t really know why. x’d (Also it’s good to not give out all of your ideas because you know, idk, some people are just that low enough to steal. :”)

RE: Slight critique but also an appropriation message. - sketchi - 04-01-2019

Oh crud, those bugs sound really annoying! D: Can you send in a screenshot of what you mean by the 'ok' button not appearing, after the job is finished?

Cancelling the jobz from any other page does forfeit the reward, so do try to collect the job from the job menu!

I'm aware of the trading bug, though. Currently trading doesn't refresh your pet box properly, so you actually need to restart the app to reload all the new petz again. That's the best way to get newly traded petz to show up, but it's a silly method and I'm trying to fix it right now.

RE: Slight critique but also an appropriation message. - Miki - 04-01-2019

(04-01-2019, 04:30 AM)sketchi Wrote: I'm aware of the trading bug, though. Currently trading doesn't refresh your pet box properly, so you actually need to restart the app to reload all the new petz again. That's the best way to get newly traded petz to show up, but it's a silly method and I'm trying to fix it right now.

To add to this, there's another way of loading them up that doesn't require restarting. If you go back to the trade window that succeeded and just tap on each of the petz you've received they should show up.

RE: Slight critique but also an appropriation message. - Laegume - 04-04-2019

I’m really sorry but I won’t be able to show any screenshots because yesterday the game froze, so then I exited out. (Getting rid of the app window.) And then when I tried to enter the game again, the loading screen was stuck at 8%. It’s been doing this ever since yesterday and I don’t know if it’s because the game needs to be updated or I probably just messed up the app by exiting when it froze. (I’ve been trying to enter the game multiple times after I woke up today but the loading screen still stays at 8% so I don’t know what to do. ; ~ ; )

Edit: I added a screenshot of what my screen looks like, this if the first time I’ve ever inserted a file, so I don’t know if it’s going to work properly or not. :’)

2nd Edit: So I reloaded my App store, and realized that there’s an update to fix this issue. I won’t be able to update my app because I need to enter a password to do so/same thing works for downloading new apps. My mom is the only one who knows the password so I’ll have to wait and update this later after I ask my mom. ( ; 7 ; ) I miss playing already.